9. Swap Gross and Embarrassing Stories (...finally realize, there are other people doing dumb things for the glory of God too!)
8. Free Group Therapy! (..Hi! my name is Dan and I have been a youth pastor for 20 years...Hi! Dan...)
7. Keep Up with All The Youth Group/Church Hopper Families. (OH! They are coming to your group now!?)
6. Exchange Fashion Tips and Hipster Hair Advice! (Bob love what you did with your beard...where did you pick up that snazzy deep v-neck...)
5. Escape the Office for an Hour. (using a spoon from the coffee bar and a lighter from the Jr. High lost and found, he slowly tunnel his way....)
4. Have Deep Discussions about What You Are Reading Lately. (Have you picked up the new X-men...)
3. Have Intense Conversations About Youth Culture and Society. (I still really don't think One Direction will ever be the same with out Zayne....)
2. You Can Eat Donuts!! (Seriously, I know it is already on the list but come on...Gluten Glazed Gut-busters... It had to make the list twice!)
1. It is in all seriousness and reality, a place of connection, prayer and safety for the heart and soul of Youth Workers!!
-------------------------* While I am having a bit of fun, networking and connection with other youth workers in the areas that I serve has been a life-saver/ministry-saver. The people that have been a part of these groups have been my friends, mentors, accountability, and sometimes my therapists.
I have always valued networking and being able to gather with other men and women living the calling to students. It has continued to inspire me and keep me in the "game" for all these years.
CHECK OUT: "National Network of Youth Ministries" to find a network in your local area, or to contact the representative in your region to start one!!